BCD -whats the dif?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBedoobedoo

Registered
Reaction score
Whats the difference between BCDs? they all do the same thing but some are a couple hundred dollars more than others.**what do you think the best BCD buy is for the money?**

That's a tough one, figure out which weight system, jacket or wings, equipment configuration, etc. works best for you, then try the ones that match your needs on.

I use a Pro QD, and an Avid.

I suppose the games have begun, hope you really wanted all the info you're about to get.

Diversauras once bubbled...
I suppose the games have begun, hope you really wanted all the info you're about to get.
Too funny Diversauras :D

Ok, Scbedoobedoo, I believe that your equipment should match the type of diving that you will be or want to do. Maybe if you gave us a little to go on as far as what you do, diving wise, we might be able to give you a few pointers.
what do you think the best BCD buy is for the money?
Since you asked, I use a BP/wings for all of my diving. I can easily switch wings to match the tank(s) that I'm using and everything stays the same for each dive. Hope that helps.

Can't people ask simple questions around here anymore without accused of being a troll?

Uncertified future divers do stop by here to ask questions you know.

PhotoTJ

I also dive a Pro QD+. Considered the Avid but went with the Pro. Which do you prefer for warm water diving? Why? Just curious.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Can't people ask simple questions around here anymore without accused of being a troll?

Uncertified future divers do stop by here to ask questions you know.
I was just referring to the possible BP/Wings vs. Jacket debate, which has been done time and again.

I really encourage people to ask questions, especially people just thinking about getting into diving. Bring on the queries :D

someone told me about transpac 11. Does the vest that holds the wings have pockets for built in weights? and are they actual wings that come off the back of the vest?

PS i am not a troll:D :boxing:

also, is an alternate inflator regulator available with the tranpak?

Here's a link to Dive Rite Express that has specs and pics of theTranspac II. I believe that the weight pockets are add-on options that just slide onto the waist belt. You can add a BP to the Transpac for extra stability as well. I don't use one but there are many that do and swear by them. They look to be a nice piece of kit though.

As far as the alternate inflation/backup reg. There are many options available to you there. I would suggest doing a search on them. I have seen people use them on the Transpac though so I guess it will work. I will keep my opinions to myself on the concept of the unit though.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom