DM course in Malapasqua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewie999

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would appreciate any information regarding doing a DM course in Malapasqua. Some question I have are:

1. Is the diving challenging enough?
2. Recommended dive shop for a DM course?
3. Enough top side activity after diving so I won't be bored?

Thanks

From what I hear, there is not much topside activity, Not a night-club place. Malapascua Island Diving Philippines Cebu | Thresher Shark Divers Malapascua Island, Visayan Sea, Philippines Lodging, Accomodation and Resorts
these are a few web-sites for Malapascua.
Puerto Galera; Aniloao; Alona Beach are places I have heard a lot about. I have been to Puerto Galera and Alona Beach, and the diving at those two places is phenomenal. Malapascua offers regular Thresher Shark sitings. All three areas offer DM training.

You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines. :D:D

Actually, I'm not trying to find a nightclub scene, although a bar or two would be nice for relaxing after the dive. Other top side activities that would be nice is wakeboarding / skiing after diving.

I'm more concerned about living 1-2 months in a place with only 1 resort, as an example, and the diversity and quality of the dive sites.

Would you say Puerto Galera, Aniloao and Alona Beach has better quality diving than Malapasqua?

I agree with Caloy. Lots of stuff to do around Bohol for your top side needs and good marine diversity there (see Gilligan threads). Although a lot of wall diving but there are sites you can go to that aren't. But Malapascua fits your needs when you say that you're "more concerned about living 1-2 months in a place with only 1 resort, as an example, and the diversity and quality of the dive sites."

@ Sonar: The vibe of Alona is different than Sabang. More beach-mode and airy feel. I suspect it's because of the white sand beach and larger cove stretch. It's not "more special" than PG, just different atmosphere. (I enjoy both places equally :))

Back
Top Bottom