Any diving near Alicante, Spain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watersprite

Reaction score
I'm planning to go to Spain this summer and would like to do some scuba diving as well there. I saw that someone else has asked about Torrevieja, which is more south of Alicante... I'd prefer staying in Alicante if possible. I wonder if anyone knows if there's any good scuba diving in/near Alicante?

From a website of a language school I plan to go to, I took this website of a diving school but unfortunately it's all in Spanish (that I don't speak yet!). I wonder if anyone has experiences with this company and if this is a good one?
I'ts called "Profundo Azul" and their internet address is: http://www.profundoazul.com/
I don't plan to take any courses, I just want to go on a trip to make a couple of dives...

Also... if there's anyone else going to that region and need a dive buddy, feel free to contact me. I got my "Advanced" Padi OW but I'm still a beginner actually as I only have around 20 logged dives.... If I don't do any diving before July, this is going to be my very first dive in EUROPE and I'm EXCITED about that!! :)

Watersprite

I changed my plans... I think I won't go to Alicante for sure as I booked a trip to Granada for 3 weeks in July/August.

Perhaps anyone knows any diving spots south of Granada?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Watersprite

Im going to Alicante with two friends of mine, in August. And Ive also been looking at that diving center you mentioned. Im the only one of us who dives, - Im AOW with underwaterphotography specialty, and I was thinking the opposite... taking some courses there, because Ive heard there´s not much to see. No real good diving sites near the coast of Spain, you have to go to the islands. But the city Ive heard, which has the best diving option is Nerja close to Malaga.

From Sammy

Nerja is supposed to be a phenomenal town, and there are cuevos (caves) to explore both under and above water.

I am headed to Alicante on Friday. Plan to dive there and/or in Ibiza and Mallorca. I'll let you know what I find under that blue water and report back. :)

SueMermaid:
Nerja is supposed to be a phenomenal town, and there are cuevos (caves) to explore both under and above water.

I am headed to Alicante on Friday. Plan to dive there and/or in Ibiza and Mallorca. I'll let you know what I find under that blue water and report back. :)

Did you ever get to dive near Alicante? My sister lives out there and I'd love to combine a diving trip with a visit to see her. All I've been to able to find though (from a Google search) is mention of diving off Tabarca Island - which is just offshore from Alicante - but I don't think there's a dive shop that takes trips there. It's a nature reserve with restricted access - although they do boat trips there - and divers have to do it under their own steam, as far as I can tell.

Hello...I live between Alicante and Granada...It still amazes me that people think that you have to go to the islands for good diving. On a close inshore site last week, we had conger, lobster, octopuss, Barracuda, grouper...not to mention the dozen or so reef species...
At 30 metres yesterday we were in a small cave and swim through, on this site large rays regularly swim over you...I take alot of photographs underwater, and there´s always something new on every dive...
If your going to Nerja, these guys have a great rep... http://www.scubanerja.com/index.php

Hope that helps, and have a great time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom