Davao diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jigo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
bad news. heard a diver in Davao died yesterday. He was supposed to be using twin tanks and still had air in them or at least one of them. Can you shed more light into this Bing or WWD? what happened, how deep, who or which dive shop was in charge of the dive, who was he with? heard this was the same group that also lost a diver last year.:shakehead:

tsk tsk tsk................

same group as last year? maybe they have bad habits like NeRDs in bacolod... too many rich kids w/ too much time playing dangerous games with science and nature...

Jag

some bad habits of one or a few doesn't mean the whole lot is the same:wink:. Met and dive with some of the nerds (Edwin, Raymund and Atty. Gold) in Dauin and Apo Island last month. I tell you they're a great bunch, fearless, but not careless. Just like us regular PPDers.

BTW, attygold is a member here and in the BP.

So sorry about the davao diver, condolences to his/her family.

some bad habits of one or a few doesn't mean the whole lot is the same:wink:. Met and dive with some of the nerds (Edwin, Raymund and Atty. Gold) in Dauin and Apo Island last month. I tell you they're a great bunch, fearless, but not careless. Just like us regular PPDers.

BTW, attygold is a member here and in the BP.

So sorry about the davao diver, condolences to his/her family.
true about that... didn't mean to include the whole bunch

but you know what i mean...

and we're more fearless than them... One Ocean Policy! :rofl3:

Jag

Apologies. I did not see your thread before posting another thread.

We spent today with a few divers who were on the banca and witnessed this tragic event.

The diver who died made a fairly deep dive off White Rock, Samal, Davao and failed to surface.

After 2 hours, people went looking for him (he was on twins) and a good friend of ours found his body at 192 feet (almost 60 meters). People on the banca included German tourists who we met today; they are very pragmatic about their vacation experience and seem to put this down to their expected stupidity of local divers. Good in a way that some would have freaked out by this.

Tanks had 2000psi left and there was a large fish attached to his spear line.

We hope that safer practices are adopted by divers here as a result of this.

Re the dive shop, I will not name them here, but others on this forum know who they are.

People on the banca included German tourists who we met today; they are very pragmatic about their vacation experience and seem to put this down to their expected stupidity of local divers. Good in a way that some would have freaked out by this.

expected stupidity of local divers?! i dont think i can be happy with that. kindly explain please.:shakehead:

I dove at Samal (Aundanao and Tagpupungan) last 7th, with me was a group of Spearfish divers with twin tanks, I hope the one who perished is not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom