6 inch dome port with fisheye lens? Possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ulrikakroon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi!
I might buy a used Ikelite housing for a Canon rebel xti, unfortunately it comes with the standard 6 inch dome and I want to use fisheye, probably the Tokina 10-17 mm. Now, on Ikelite's website it says that it is possible (might have to remove the sun visor), but i wonder if that is really true. Why is there then an 8 inch dome...
Has anyone tried this?
/ulrika

I've shot both the Nikon 10.5mm fisheye and the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye behind our 6" dome with good results. You definitely will have to remove the shade from the #5503 dome to use the 10-17.

The 8" dome will provide slightly sharper corners with these lenses. However the sharpness provided by the 6" dome is perfectly adequate for the majority of shooters. The 8" dome does make over under shots a lot easier but you can still shoot over-under with the 6" dome.

The 6" dome is lightweight and compact to travel with, and was our only dome size for over 20 years!

And you could always switch to an 8" dome later if your needs demand it....

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

I want to get the Ikelite 8" dome port for a Tokina 10-17 fisheye lens I'm buying next month. Just trying to figure out the port body and extensions needed. Do I only need the standard body and port or do I need an extension for this lens? If so which one? I cant buy directly as we dont have an Ikelite dealer in Sri Lanka so I normally get my gear from NY as i have friends and family traveling there. Just want to make sure I tell them exactly what to get.

Thanks,

Nishan

I too have the 6in port for the 10-17mm its working perfectly fine some awesome shots and the ability to get really close to subject -I took off the sunvisor so its even smaller

Hi Jean,

I bought an Ikelite housing for Canon 7D with #5503 standard 6" dome port. I am using Tokina 10-17mm lens. Can you please let me know which other lenses can fit in this port?

Hi Nishan

The information you are looking for can be found here. SLR Port Chart - Tamron, Tokina Lenses and here MODULAR PORT SYSTEM

What you will need is #5510.45 Dome Assembly and a #5510.11 or a 5510.10 Super-Wide Angle Port Body ** depending on the age of your housing and availability.

Hi Tascha007

You can fine the information here: Canon SLR Port Chart

Canon 15mm EF f/2.8 Fisheye
Canon 18-55mm EF-S USM
Canon 20mm f/2.8 USM
Canon 20-35mm Ultrasonic
Canon 24mm f/2.8
Canon 28mm
Canon 35mm f/2
Canon 35-80mm
Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon 50mm f/1.8 II

Sigma 15mm FE
Sigma 24-70mm F3.5-5.6 HF
Sigma 28-70mm F2.8-4

Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 AF

Ikelite has a lot of valuable information posted on there web site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom