Sherwood SR1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timoblue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Got mine October last year and had some initial problems with freeflowing while on the surface.

I took my SR1 to the local dive shop and after some tinkering they managed to get the problem right. They told me that they had ''been in touch with their Sherwood rep'' and he had given some advice on what to do as there was no technical layout available yet,this was back in December 2008.

However i was told at the time the ''rep'' seemed to be a little concerned as to how this regulator had got by its quality control check... :shocked2: Not sure if there was any real truth in that statement...

I might add that it was purchased from another dive shop, also a Sherwood dealer and when bought was the only one they had (display).

Not sure how long on display - do i need to be concerned about the environmental seal issue here or any other problems related to the SR1.

I am registered at Sherwood for Both the SR1 - Octo and console.

many thanks

Timo

Hi Timo,

The environmental seal issue would not have any relation to the free flowing. The number of seal issues in the grand scheme of things was a very small percentage of regulators that were sold.

How many dives have you made with the regulator now?

Sherwood Rep.

About 6 dives to date

I remember on the second dive also there seemed to be a kind of deep gurgling sound which felt like a sudden rush of air through the hoses.

Continued the dive however and all seemed fine.

Should there be any ongoing cause for concern with this regulator.

Tnx for replying

Timo

Last edited:
probably...like many things Sherwood, it might just spontaneously blow up on you. I did a shore dive and the thing fell apart. I had to spend $70 on a practically brand new regulator to replace the pieces. The LDS didn't charge me for labor which was not his responsibility but he didn't and that was a nice thing. Then, I take it in for servicing only a few months later (remember, it was brand new less than a year ago and now it has had most of the parts replaced yet I'm still taking for servicing). I pay for the labor - another $70. The LDS tells me that the seal blew on the bench test. So, thankfully it didn't happen on a boat or something but I paid for servicing on a defective regulator. Read this forum and keep your eyes out for it and you'll find that it's not as rare as the rep will have you believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom