New Orleans bound...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seadeuce

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
In the city from 1st to 3rd April.

Will be feeling rather dry by then, in need of a good fix.

Any dive spots worth considering? Diveshops??

Hate to think I'd be back home and then find out I was only 20miles from good diving.

Appreciate your advice here.

TIA

Seadeuce

Good diving in New Orleans either includes a long boat ride offshore after driving better than an hour south to the coastline, or driving East and hitting the gulf from AL/FL or panhandle springs.

Good diving in New Orleans either includes a long boat ride offshore after driving better than an hour south to the coastline, or driving East and hitting the gulf from AL/FL or panhandle springs.

You ain't wrong. If there was "good" diving within 20 miles of New Orleans I would be diving everyday and twice on Sunday.

Ah well, no harm in trying!

Thanks all, and maybe I'll check out some inland sites such as Vortex/Morrison if in range.

Y'know, self-drive, distance/time, equipment hire, all just to get that bit of tranquillity in whatever mudhole that's out there.

Pretty much sums up why folks sometimes refer to us as the Lunatic Fringe.

But I love it!!

Seadeuce

The city of New Orleans is full of history and interresting places to visit! Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom