Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRESSIDVR9

Reaction score
Anyone see the documentary on macco sharks this week on the discovery channel? Pretty interesting stuff. If you've seen it , What did you think about it ? What are your feelings about diving with sharks ? What type of sharks have you incountered?

I thought it was well done...and found their research on Mako's intelligence really interesting.

My feelings about diving with sharks really depends on the shark...I've dove with nurse and black tip reef sharks, even saw a hammerhead once. But I don't see myself in the water with great white's or even Mako's for that matter...we'll see what the future brings.

Peace,
Cathie

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
I see a shark on almost every dive in california ...because I know where to look for them and every dive is better that features at least one shark ... IME :)

where have you been diving???
I've never seen a shark in northern California!

but I like diving with sharks, just a friendly reminder that you are not the most important creature on the planet :)

There is a strange phenomenen to diving and encountering
sharks.I'm not talking the aquarium or the shark reef,but in
general.I find Some people have it and and others are doomed never to see a shark.
We have a dive site which hosts the Spotted seven gill cow shark
It can grow about 16ft long.They are unfazed by divers and
frequent a particular area of the bay.They are bottem swimmers but don't run for cover when sighted.
I probably encounter them 8 times out of 10
And yet the number of divers that dive that site and never see them is amazing.Have they got a natural shark repelant.
Howard

Another amazing occurence is that student who is petrefied throughout the course about his first sea dive and seeing a shark.
As the Training dives are done in sheltered shallow heavelly dived areas it still amazes me when we actually do see a shark on their first dive.
Do these indeviduals attract sharks and have a preminition?
Howard

Have been on 8 to 10 dives out of Morehead City, N.C. and seen numerous Sand Tiger Sharks, the "gentle giants".
Saw a Blue Shark off the coast of Salem, Ma. Feel blessed with the beauty that I have seen beneath the waves.

Back
Top Bottom