I have a Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cherinere

Contributor
Reaction score
One of the beauties of the Cayman's for me is the lack of shark population there. I get a great deal of dive mag's and saw Cayman's and Shark in the same line. It was an article on how they have found a wall where sharks seem to like to hang. Now they say they are going to work with 3 or 4 different agencies to keep track of the horde without making it a shark dive attraction. They are taking small groups out on thursdays and saturdays with a class in tagging and shark ID'ing and shark behavior before the dive.
Now as you most know, SHARK, is a bad word for me but I thought this would be a enlightening experience that might help me with this fear.(It is not a feeding frenzy dive)! I am diving there in November again.
What are your thoughts on this? As always the lines are now open.
PS I just got back for Palm Springs, To all that live in CA you have a beautiful State, the desert was amazing and the people were the best. Wish I had time to dive there, maybe next trip.

Cher,
What agencies are conducting this operation? If it is legitimate scientific work instead of a flimsy cover to draw tourists and money then I think you should go for it if its a fear you really want to conquer. As you describe it; it sounds like a really cool dive trip.

I left my book on the job site but will have it in hand tom. It sounded like a good thing, It was in either Rodales Scuba diving mag. or Skin diver. I will let you know.

They are with Ocean Frontiers shark encounters and cooperate with the Unv. of New Brunswick, Nova Unv, and the Guy Harvey shark Research Programs
for info on the dive call 345 947-7500

Back
Top Bottom