Panama City Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UTKnox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have any recommendations? Would naturally prefer first-hand experience over heresay, thanks!

I like the "Dive Locker". No cattle boats.

the K

+3 Dive Locker, +1 Capt Rod Wreck Raider and +1 Capt Pat Green

Dive Locker and Capt Pat Green have sweet Newtons. Dive Locker having a brick & mortar shop makes it easy to walk in and sign up, Pat requires a bit more planning. I tried to charter him last summer but only had 1-2 divers so couldn't do it, might be better this summer. He's a super nice guy.

The Wreck Raider is a really nice Parker and Rod and Brian his DM were very accomodating for my newly certified wife. Great people.

The only bad experience I had in PCB was booking an "older" 6 pack Op through the Dive Locker and getting stuck with a group of inexperienced divers I didn't care to dive with. Not the shop's fault, but I didn't care for the charter capt & boat situation. Don't think they use this boat anymore with their new boats and all.

Good luck and have fun. I'm jealous.

What was the older boat's name, anything over 6 is a cattle boat in my book

I second Dive Locker. They are my preferred charter in PC. Pat Green is a great captain as well.

Bigken, your talking about a totally different place and experience, so might be better to start a new thread.

Kennedy,

I can't remember the boat's name it was sub-contracted through the Dive Locker. Here's an old post where I ranted about it...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/228723-diving-panama-city-area.html

It wasn't the Captain per se, I just didn't care for the fact that we met at the shop, my insta-buddies screwed around, we finally loaded up, Capt stopped for gas, then launched the boat @ the State Park where I had to pay to enter. I guess I got lazy walking right up to the boat and stepping on. Next time I'll ask or be less choosy for a last minute solo dive.

Although I've been on the Dive Locker's Newton with 10+, it didn't feel as small as the Sea Cobra out of Destin which is more easily filled to capacity, so I suppose Cattle boat is a bit relative.

Just passing the word along, we ended up going with Dive Locker. Seems like a great group of guys all around, their time & efforts were very much appreciated. Outside of being green around the gills, I couldn't have been happier.

We took the Fintastic out to the Hovercraft & Black Bart, with all of 1 other person unafiliated with the shop. Captn (Scott), DM (Kendall), and the 'infamous' Dave LaHart were everything we could expect.

Back
Top Bottom