Morrison Springs 3-12-9 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
cmufieldhockey, pensacolanewbie, and I headed out around 6AM this morning heading East. At first we thought we were going to luck out with the fog, but east of the bay, we hit it. It was actually a bit chilly in the morning, but we hoped for daytime highs in the 70s and blue skies to break through the fog eventually.

By the time we reached Morrison, MrXray was already onsite and we all started gearing up. By the time we were about to hit the water, halftime and his buddy had made it to Morrison. They'd join us in the water shortly after we splashed.

The water was blue! Visibility was easily in the 70-80' range, and as always crystal clear in the cavern. cmufieldhockey was testing out her new scooter(Mako) and seemed to be having a great time - she even let me take it for a spin or three! We spent quite a bit of time just messing around the depression in the middle of the basin, goofing around in view of a couple cameras - so I'd imagine there will be pictures following soon enough. Eventually MrXray and I hit the cavern and did the typical tour, checking out the vents, fish, eels, and various cave ornaments. After awhile, we came back into the basin, goofed around a bit more and finally decided to surface. I hit a max depth of 92' for a dive lasting 71 minutes.

We spent the, nearly, hour and a half surface interval eating sandwiches and powdered donuts, talking diving, and enjoying the sun which was finally peaking through and warming us up. Another team had arrived onsite and we decided to hit the water again. We headed right to the cavern this time around and I gave halftime a few pointers with running a primary line. After goofing around some more in the cavern, we headed up to OW to join our other divers in horsing around the OW portion of the basin. Bream, bass, freshwater sole, and several small fry could be found in OW and the outskirts of the cypress lined basin was quite enjoyable to explore. We hit a max depth of 87' for a dive lasting 57 minutes. The locals started making there appearance as our dives were ending and we left the park as the closer parking spots started filling up.

It was a great day of diving under a warm sun in clear, cool waters! I had a great day!

The Vizability was great and it was actually only the second or third time that I've been at Morrison's with such limited traffic. It was so nice to have the water to ourselves!
The fog started out a bit thick but burned off quickly after our exit.....
P3122395.jpg

Super at Splash:
P3122405.jpg

And of course you never know what you're going to see with Matt around:
P3122449.jpg

P3122413.jpg

The Motley Crew:
P3122447.jpg

Halftime?
P3122446.jpg

I've had thought a couple of times about a cave intro class but after seeing all the gear CMUFieldHockey has to take to do a cavern..... Well, I'm rethinking that.....

P3122501.jpg

I'd have to say what of the best parts of the trip was watching CMUFieldHockey and SuprBugMan playing with CMU's scooter.

Here's CMUFieldHocky (Check out the barrel roll)

LOL, great photos Barry! The video's great too!

Looks like it! What kinda tard would put Mr Potatoe head on cave gear?!?!

LOL! That CMU...... I'm uploading the other scooter video of Super now. His barrel roll needs some practice! :)

Drum Rolls please....
And of course Suprbugman.... I actually had to sit on the log to video because they were moving so quick that I'd spin myslef either up or down so in order to watch the video monitor to keep them in frame and rotate I found it best to sit on the log negative! And watch out with those flybys...I mean WoW! Talk about buzzing the tower!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom