Cavern course instructor needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unit240

Reaction score
I am traveling to Akumal for a vacation at the end of June and would like to take a cavern course while there. I thought I was getting it set up through one instructor recommended from this site, but it fell through. Can someone give me a name that you have confidence in.

Thanks,
Unit240

I took open water from Gonzallo Vacaluzzo. (Can't vouch for spelling of his last name). Also have been down cave diving using him as a guide. He is very personable, careful, slow, an excellent diver, and patient. His credentials are available on

www.cenotes.com

He works out of Aquatech, run by Nancy DeRosa. They have numerous other instructors there as well, some very well known.

Ganzallo is a cavern instructor. I dont think he is a cave instructor yet.

This is a personal recommendation. It is not intended to imply that there aren't other very qualified instructors at Aquatech and elsewhere.

He's not DIR and there is a DIR center there which is called Akumal DIR center if I'm not mistaken.

Other instructors at Aquatech are GUE instructors if you are interested.

Good luck with your training.

Dave Bell (Campana)

I haven't taken any courses from Gonzalo, but I have been diving with him as our DM and he was impressive. (Gonzalo R. Vaccalluzzo)
E. itajara

I'll do it simply for the price of the trip down there

unit240,
I just did my full cave course with Steve Gerrard last month. He was at one time the NACD president. He puts on a EXCELLENT course and would recommend him to anybody. There where plenty of drills and skills. No rush no pressure. Good course.

Bruce

check this out www.scubadiving-cozumel.com and go to the page of instructors, look at Mats resume or Scot, they are some of the friendliest and well repected instructore, yes they are friends of mine, also I took my cave course with Bil Philips (canadian guy)he has been in the Riviera Maya for over 10 years and with Cook (explorer in the region ) has maped many of the cenotes in the area.

dont let the web sites name fool you they all work out of Playa Del Carmen, its a site to tel people that go to cozumel to hope on a ferry and come to the cenotes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom