SEI Advanced OW class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Having received a couple queries on this privately I'm asking anyone in the PA, Eastern Ohio, WVa area interested in an SEI Advanced OW Class to get in touch with me. Training would take place at MT Storm in WVa for the dives(5) and in my home for classroom lectures.

There would be two classroom sessions covering approx. 6 hours and going over navigation, search and recovery, deep diving, gas management, and night low vis techniques. This would be in addition to 2-3 hours of on site instruction in addition to the dives.

Dives would include- search and recovery/; navigation using compass, natural, and lines or reels/; deep/; night/lowvis and an advanced skills dive covering shooting of bags, propulsion techniques(frog, back, helicopter turns), uw communication and fine buoyancy control. Note that buoyancy, trim, and proper weighting will be addressed on ALL dives.

Prereqs are: OW plus 10 dives or OW and a skills checkout in the pool if I do not know you or your certifying instructor.

I need at least two people for this course and the cost is 175.00. This does not include gear rental if needed or air. There are no books to buy. All materials for class will be provided or loaned where necessary. You will need a notebook, ow certification card, your logbook, and a desire to learn. Note that you must complete all the classroom and dive skills to earn the card. For complete details PM or visit my website for contact info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom