FS: Oceanic Datamask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have an Oceanic Datamask for sale. It is about 1-1/2yrs old. It has about 30 pool dives, 4-8 fresh water & 4 salt water dives on it. The mask is in good shape. Both mask & transmitter batteries were changed about 6 mos ago. It is just not very practical for the type of diving I do. It will come with the mask, transmitter, extra mask battery hatch & O-ring, download cord & software. Asking $900 + S&H. I can be PM'd here or e-mail to tstormwarning@yahoo.com for further inquiries & information.

Out of curiosity, what impractical dives is it not made for??

I am beginning into technical cave diving. Though some may say it's fine for that, I see it as a possible failure point. Also when teaching classes it is of such a huge volume that it takes me 2- 3 breaths to clear it. I typically use a smaller mask I can clear in 1 breath. Basically the only time I use it any more is when I'm vacation diving 1- 2 times a year. Though some may disagree, those are my reasonings for it just not working out for me. It's an innovative product & I don't knock the potential it has, it's just not any potential I can use.

Back
Top Bottom