A Good Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cribbbeaufort

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings All
Being a total novice and not knowing any thing about diving, I woulk like to ( as I do with all new ventures ) read about the subject to get some general knowledge before I Dive into the new Adventure with lessons and all the necessary Stuff. Does any one out there have a suggestion on a good, informative beginners book on diving.

Thank you for your Time and Information
PRC

If you want a pretty complete and fairly readable comprehensive book on diving, the PADI Encyclopedia is a good reference. The chapters are fairly short and each makes a good single reading session. It should be available through any PADI shop.

I agree with NetDoc. The basic scuba manuals from the different certifying agencies are usually an easy and informative read. I have even seen copies in local libraries. The advantage is that if you read a manual from an agency affiliated with where you might consider your training, you'll be one step ahead.

Another option might be to stop into a local shop , express your interest, and ask if you could view their video. I would think most shops would be accommodating.

Howdy neighbor! Which shop are you getting your training through? PM me and maybe we can meet up and I can answer some questions you might have. Also, I have some of my books from my courses you can check out for more information.

Carolyn:shark2:

Howdy Neighbor, I am calling Savannah one of my homes, but at present I am in Louisiana on a government project for about 9 months.I will look you up when I get back in Savannah.

Thank you
PRC

Back
Top Bottom