Australia 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TaraBelt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband and I are planning a trip to Australia in April 2010. We are booked on the Mike Ball liveaboard for 7 nights diving the Coral Sea. We are looking for suggestions for additional diving to do in the general vicinity and recommendations for land tours. Can you help?

You havent said where you will be based, but I am assuming it will be cairns? I live and work there as an instructor. Follow the link below to give an idea of some of the trips out of Cairns.
For a 2 or 3 day trip you cant beat Ocean Quest.
Drop me a line if you need any more info.
Also on the site on the drop dorn menu at the top are details of land tours.
Kevin

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Discount dive travel to the Barrier Reef and Coral Sea - live aboard and day trips.

Cairns Discount Scuba Diving Trips - Great Barrier Reef

Kevin,
Thank you for the information. We have finally decided on our itinerary. We are planning to spend one week diving in Fiji, staying at the Nakia Resort and then going on to the Mike Ball liveaboard to dive the 7 day Coral Sea trip. As far as land tours, we have become interested in the Daintree Rainforest, the Opera House tour in Sydney and the aboriginal culture center. We will only be in Sydney for 2 days and in Cairns for 4 days. Any suggestions that you would like to add are very welcome! PS Our travel dates are: 4/3/2010 to 4/24/1020.

Hi TaraBelt. If you are only in Cairns for a few days I assume this is 4 day after the 7 day Mike Ball Trip.
We can defiantly help you book and save a bit of money on the Mike Ball trip if you ant, then let us know what dates you are in Cairns for,. The Aboriginal Centre (Tjabukai is open every day and has some fantastic session. i would personally recommend the Sky Rail and either night dinner session with dance and theatre, or the day session where you do the boomerang paining and throwing sessions plus bush tucker lessons. Lot to choose from here.
Untitled Document
Have a look at the link and let us know what you think, then we can help out here to.
Cant help out too much for Sydney as we only look after local stuff, but apart from the Aboriginal Centre, I would say go to Cape Tribulation for a few days (Google it) and maybe stay at PKs.Na;oon trip is awesome at sunrise over the table lands, or there are some good day trips by car to the Table Lands.

Kev

Discount dive travel to the Barrier Reef and Coral Sea - live aboard and day trips.

Cairns Discount Scuba Diving Trips - Great Barrier Reef

Kevin,
Thanks again for the information. We have already paid in full for the MikeBall liveaboard and have paid for our hotels along the way. We have not yet booked the land tours so I will keep your website information and discuss it with my husband. We have heard that the railway and train combination into the rainforest was the way to go so that is on our itinerary for sure! Also the dinner theatre at Tjabukai Center is a "for sure". I'll contact you if we decide to book any of these tours through your company. Thanks again for the response!

No worries at all and you will have a great trip.
I think your choices of land tours are the best possible option, and Skyrail with Tjapukia is a definate must.
Have a great trip.

Kevin

Cairns Discount Dive Trips - Great Barrier Reef Diving - Australia

Hi Tarabelt, if you are coming to the Sydney area in April, you might get lucky and catch the sinking of our new artificial reef the ex HMAS ADELAIDE. This is an FFG class ship - about 4000 tons and will be home to a number of fish early next April. It will rust away just off the little town of Terrigal about 40 miles north of Sydney.

cheers

Col

Thanks for the info. I don't think we will get lucky enough to see that but it sounds like a unique experience. We will be in Sydney for only 1 and 1/2 days. Barely long enough to see what we want to see but the itinerary is so full, we have no other choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom