PC Lite led problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased a pc lite led about a month ago. It has 4 dives on it. I am having a problem, the lite works fine before a dive. However, when you get to around 80' for any time it stops working. It has done this to me on my last two dives. When I surface, it is working again. Dive conditions, 37 to 50 degree water. No water found in lite after either dive. Could there be a pressure issue with the led assembly? Help!!

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble with the lite-- this is the first time I've heard of an LED light having problems at depth. The engineer of that light is currently out sick, so it may be a couple of days before we can brainstorm possible causes. In the meantime could you please send the light back for evaluation?

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Further discussion and testing indicates that this is a random failure, most likely due to some problem with the battery contacts. If you would be so kind as to send the light in (preferably with your address and a copy of this post) we will gladly replace it to you at no charge.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Thank you I appreciate that very much. It is a strangs problem, but I really love this light!! I will get it in the mail asap. Great customer service!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom