Mares advice........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I am new to this forum so I look forward to spending some time here!

I stopped diving 4 years ago and just about to start again. I want to buy a whole new kit and wondered the cheapest way of doing it - all Mares...is it best to buy everything from one retailer or shop around for everything individually??

I was thinking on a dive holiday in April or May so another option would be to buy wherever I go. No idea where in the world would be cheapest for Mares gear though!?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nick

Mares... Good fins, good masks.

Poor built quality BCDs that have a habit of falling apart with use and the regs cause more issues for us reliability wise than any other make we've used.

Never buy everything from one retailer or shop. They generally only stock a few brands so you wont get a chance to try out the others and decide whats best for you. Shop around - there is a MASSIVE difference in the same bit of gear in one shop to another.

Also for regs look online - it WILL be cheaper.

No point buying gear where you go on holiday, firstly it wont be cheaper, especially now with useless exchange rate but also it may not be cold water suitable.

Ebay and online websites are your best bet. The only thing that I have ever bought with the Mares name tag on it was a Tutor computer with SPG. Pretty much indestructable piece of equipment. Don't know about their other stuff.

Hi all,

I am new to this forum so I look forward to spending some time here!

I stopped diving 4 years ago and just about to start again. I want to buy a whole new kit and wondered the cheapest way of doing it - all Mares...is it best to buy everything from one retailer or shop around for everything individually??

I was thinking on a dive holiday in April or May so another option would be to buy wherever I go. No idea where in the world would be cheapest for Mares gear though!?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nick

No, you should purchase gear that fits you and works for your mission and style (I don't mean fashion). I like Mares fins and masks, beyond that no.

Strongly consider Mares Avanti or Quattro fins and Mares X Vision mask.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom