Troy report???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LMM1967

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a report / opinion on Troy. We're heading to the keys next weekend from Atlanta and are looking for a good spring to stop and do 1 or 2 tanks worth of refreshing on Saturday afternoon before the drive to Largo on Sunday.

Also thinking about Devil's Den but the price of one of the state parks is much more appealing than one of the private run places.

Any opinions or know a good RELIABLE place to get up to date report for Troy?

Thanks!

CDF had a recent report on Troy by OneBrightGator, he said it was clear.

I think its a fun dive, neat basin, lots of turtles, bowfin, mullet, and even the remains of a civil war era paddlewheeler in the spring run.

Just check the State Park website. They keep it up to date when things go dark.

Just check the State Park website. They keep it up to date when things go dark.

Yes, website is a good idea and believe it or not, calling the park will probably get you some good information. When we called back in January, the park ranger was very knowledgeable... it is definitely a diver-friendly park.

I wrote a report on it our first dive while responding to this post... http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...bruary-manatee-rainbow-troy-springs-dive.html

Now, that being said, we went again a few weeks later and found out what the park ranger meant about crawling out on your belly. The water level dropped three feet! (I measured the depth at the same point in the spring.) I don't know if they can accurately tell you how deep the water is, but the information you get is worth the call.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom