WTB: Use BCD for my girlfriend - ~$100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoelessone

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

My girlfriend and I are making a dive trip in Mexico soon and we have all of our equipment, besides a BCD for her. Unfortunatly we are both "poor" at the moment so don't have a ton of money to put towards a BCD, so I'm hoping to find a good deal on a used BCD.

She is 5'7", weights around 120-125 pounds.

She doesn't have a huge chest, so I think a male BCD would fit her most likely, and she would PREFER to have a black BCD, but at this point any color would really work - preferably not pink, but we're open to whatever.

As I mentioned, I'm hoping to spend around 100 for the BCD, but cheaper would be better. I recently sold a Chute BCD here for 60 bucks I think, and it was in great shape, so I'm hoping I'll be able to find such a deal.

Sorry for being long winded, but thanks!
Kev

p.s. you can email me @ kevin at shoelessone dot com if you want to contact me directly!

I have a small ProQD from Aqaulung that is in perfect working order that I would sell for $100 including the shipping. It is weight int. and has a few extras with it. If you don't find something else just let me know.
A

Aquaman, thanks for the response!! I'm sorry to be a pain, I know $100 bucks maybe isn't a lot, but I'm curious about exactly which model the BCD is - and how old it is. I'm not familiar with the Aqualung line at all, and it'd be nice to know which BCD I'm looking at :)

I'm thinking a small will be what my GF will need, however at this point I'm not sure - we're going to head to the local dive shop (where we do our certs) tomorrow to check out sizes and fits on her.

For now, thanks again for both of your responses, and if anybody else has anything they're looking to sell, post away!!

Thanks!

Seems like your wasting lots of time for only 100.00

Not sure I understand what you're saying?

Assuming you're saying $100 isn't enough to buy a decent used BCD, I beg to differ. I've sold several good quality BCDs, older models (4 or 5 years old) with very few dives in near perfect condition for less than 100 bucks. I'm not too picky, and my girlfriend is even less so, so I'm confident we'll be able to find a BCD that meets our needs.

But, thanks... I guess?

100.00 is a good price for pro qd. Whats your time worth drivibg to the lds, price of gas etc. Just buy it and enjoy your dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom