Best Quality Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank601

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Time for me top buy some gear! Any advise quality of wetsuits? Dive Computers? I will probably buy scubapro bc and regs due to their warranty. I already have mask, snorkel, booties and fins. What else do I need? I just don't want my crap breaking due to cheap design...

I have done a fair bit of research, and Im going to buy a Suunto D9 titanium (no transmitter) Computer. Its quite expensive, but it looks nice, functions as a watch, is sturdy, and has every function I will need for my dives in the future.

Im also thinking about getting a Dixie Divers 3mm wetsuit with ocean camo. I hear very good things about using it while spearfishing

Check out the warranty on Zeagle products= BC's are lifetime warranty(that's hard to beat).....btw, I LOVE SP regs but their BCs you can have, IMO they should have stayed in the reg only business, but, hey, diversify is the name of the game---keep those stockholders happy..:)....

Check out the warranty on Zeagle products= BC's are lifetime warranty(that's hard to beat).....btw, I LOVE SP regs but their BCs you can have, IMO they should have stayed in the reg only business, but, hey, diversify is the name of the game---keep those stockholders happy..:)....

You have a Zeagle BC? Which one?

Also is SP regs the only people that give a lifetime warranty on parts?

You have a Zeagle BC? Which one?

a(cost $200US) Scout---great for traveling & perfect for my 5 mm & less single tank diving....has a 24# bladder but I use it(very successfully) often with 120 steel tanks....

a(cost $200US) Scout---great for traveling & perfect for my 5 mm & less single tank diving....has a 24# bladder but I use it(very successfully) often with 120 steel tanks....

Scout isn't covered by that warranty.

I have Zeagle BC (911) and reg (50D) and love 'em both. Zeagle is the best company out there to work with on warranty claims. You can't go wrong with Zeagle.

I am partial to Aeris computers. I have an old 750GT, which is no longer available, but their new stuff is just as good. Better, in fact. AND, they are easy to operate.

If you stick to the major brands, nobody makes a bad regulator. The cheapest reg out there is a good reg. Just that some are better than others.

Scout isn't covered by that warranty.

Can't say for sure now, but when I bought mine almost 2 years ago it was.......I would check with Zeagle personally & ask that question....There is a poster here(ScottZeagle) who works for them that might chime in on it...If not though, buy some other kind(but--- I owned a Dacor & dove it for almost 20 years & 900+ dives that I used a warranty zero times on)...IMO, not that big a deal....

I dive a Hollis HD 100, and a Zeagle Ranger. I use a Zeagle flathead 6 reg, and I also have a Zeagle 50D. I love my regs and my BCs. Both Hollis and Zeagle stand behind their products, they both make great products, but I lean toward Zeagle, merely because of the personalized customer service I have gotten. Not to say Hollis gives bad customer service, I just don't have experience with them. Zeagle offers free lifetime parts on their regs and gives lifetime warranty on BCs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom