Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will be diving there in four weeks time.

Thanks for the appetiser!

Seadeuce

I dove here about a year ago when I was stationed at GITMO awesome diving...

I was wondering about this myself.

On the one hand, not hugely open to tourists, although I think the US is the only country that has travel restrictions to Cuba?

On the other hand, most Communist countries haven't had the best records on pollution and ecology issues.

Cuba's already a holiday destination for other countries, including Canada.

I hear they have some awesome wrecks though... oh, and caves too :)

I was wondering about this myself.

On the one hand, not hugely open to tourists, although I think the US is the only country that has travel restrictions to Cuba?

On the other hand, most Communist countries haven't had the best records on pollution and ecology issues.

It's been open to European divers for several years. Supposedly Fidel was a big scuba fan and I believe he made efforts to protect their diving areas.

Plus, I LOVE Cuban food, so diving's just an excuse to pig out down there :wink:

I dove here about a year ago when I was stationed at GITMO awesome diving...

I was there in 2002..... the water there is the best I've ever seen. I dove I think it was Cable Beach and there was an area that actually had a dive platform with showers. There was beautiful reefs right off shore:cool3: I'd love to go back there.

Check out my avatar:D

Wildbill:cheers:

For now it is only Cuban-Americans that can go (I REALLY would love to know where the Executive branch gets the Constitutional powers to limit where a citizen travels) but hopefully it will open to the rest of us "other Americans" soon. Damn I sooooo want to go. Not too mention that is a short general aviation flight from Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom