Who logs every dive?

Do you log every dive?

• If I get wet, I log it!

Votes: 129 46.7%
  • If I was down for 10 minutes.

Votes: 96 34.8%
  • Well, if something extraordinary happened. (Found sunken treasure, shark ate buddy.)

Votes: 22 8.0%
  • What's a log book?

Votes: 29 10.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I log everything over 10 ft for 10 min. I used to think it was a joke but I then took a couple years off from diving. Then When I moved near a lake where i could start diving again it proved to be a very valuable tool. It brought back a lot of good memories, it helped with weighting questions, gear choices and even water temps at various times of year in texas. Basically if you put good comments in it, it will serve like a diary and remind you of things that were unique about that dive location and special experiences you had. I also like to put photos in it (I use an excel spreadsheet for my dive log), its helps you to relive the dive.

I log most dives, except for the pool or an aborted dive it will probably make it into the book. So far I'm not sure why I keep a log as I havn't really used it for anything, but I keep filling it out.

I log every dive now. I did not for the first decade or so, but once I started putting good comments and lessons learned in it the records became a valuable tool.

It is also nice to sit fireside during a February blizzard and re-live some warmer weather and good times by reading the log.

I also use it when I return to a particular location or wreck for a quick update on the site.

You get out of it what you put into it.

I like to log everything. OK, I didn't log the 10 minute regulator test in the LDS pool but everything else gets logged.

I keep a spreadsheet now (didn't use one until recently) and love the idea of putting a memorable pic or two in the log, in addition to the other useful info.

Sean

I log every dive that is recorded in my dive computer. Once recorded, I download it to the computer software that creates a dive library. So if I get wet and it is considered a valid dive by the computer, it's logged. Just my two cents.

Enjoy the ride!
:mean:

I log open water dives. I don't think I've had one shorter than 20 minutes. It's a nice record.

Back
Top Bottom