Freedom plates for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a few freedom plates for sale, I only have about 6 left. This is the ultimate minimalist plate/backpack.
This newest run I cut and formed entirely by hand in my shop. They are made out of 1/4" 5052 aluminum and weigh 1Lb 12oz.
The measurements are 14.5" tall and 10" wide.
The slot measurements are 9" from top of top slot, to bottom of bottom slot. The slots are 3 1/2" long each.
These plates were designed around the oxycheq Mach V wing, but it's possible that other slotted wings will work too.
This plate is a new design and I eliminated the tank bracket or rail on the back to simplify it and decided to try it flat. It works great. In the pic you can see the area at the base that is curved to cradle the tank. When both cam bands are snapped down the plate is very secure on the tank.
The plate also has a nice polish.

I recommend getting just a plain hog harness kit, a couple of stainless cam bands/buckles, and an Oxycheq Mach V wing. I've heard here on SB that scubatuys.com is a good site to get stuff. They look reasonable to me.

I want $100 each for the plates plus shipping.
Please email me at: ericsedletzky at yahoo dot com
or call (707) 318-2577 cell
(707) 538-1276 office

I can take visa or M/C over the phone.

Attachments

• P1010084.JPG
    P1010084.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 304
  • P1010089.JPG
    P1010089.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Eric

Got it! Shipping was much faster than I thought it would be.
Am happy with whoever backed out of their sale... Thanks! :wink:

The plate isn't anodized, is it? Think I'll throw it in with the next batch of bike parts I do up, to keep it pretty over the long run.

I rigged mine up with a DSS 30 lb wing and also with a Diverite trek wing and they both should work out fine. Really nice work on these, Eric.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom