Sync cord problems with old Substobe TTL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have had a Nikonos V with an Ikelite Substrobe TTL 100 since the early 90's that I am just now starting to use on a regular basis (moving to the Caribbean helped in that regard). Even though I have the strobe set to TTL the photos consistently appear overlit and washed out. It also does this with an old-style TTL Substrobe 225 I recently acquired. I am wondering if the problem could be with the single-strobe syc cord which is close to 20 years old. Is there a way of testing both the camera and cord without sending them out? I also have a brand new dual sync cord that I assume should work perfectly. I have no problems buying a new cord but would rather not if that is not the problem.

could be the camera itself..or could be maybe a non ttl cord..how many pins are on it?.when was the last time the camera was serviced? I had a Nik V that I sent out that I had no problems with,just wanted to get new o rings and a cleaning..I had no issues with any of the functions.Turned out that Bob at Southern Nikonos discovered that my electronics that worked ttl function was not working at all.I never noticed it because I alway shot as if in manual using strobe as a fill and held it at proper distance for whatever power setting I had it on..strobe was ike 150- .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom