Problem with DS 125?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phras

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have ds125 with serial number 11xxx. On my last trip I encountered problems with unexpected strobe firing which progressed at times to rapid firing. I have read on Ikelite's site this is usually the sync cord. I also noted once the unit was powered on, an occasional high pitched beep after the inital warm up. I don't recall this beep in the past. Is this normal or am I hypersensitive since the rapid fire issue? Since my strobe has been well traveled, I replaced the cord, appears the random strobe firing problem is solved but the high pitch beep is still there. Any thoughts?

Auto-firing is usually due to a flooded or otherwise defective sync cord, so it makes sense that a new cord solved that problem.

If the high-pitched beep is periodic, it is most likely just noise from the transformer. If the strobe appears to function normally otherwise then I doubt it's a problem. However we'd be more than happy to do a thorough check of your strobe if you'd like to return it to us.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

If the high-pitched beep is periodic, Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

I should have clarified, this 'beep' happens every 6-7 sec on all settings except the test mode.

I'd be happy to send the unit in if necessary, just did not want to waste the time of a tech if that was normal.

Thanks for your quick reply, just another example of Ikelite being a top notch organization!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom