Best dive operation for Underwater photographer at Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....uh....trick question?.....lemme guess....all of them?

Hi eveyone,
What will be the best dive operation in Puerto Galera for underwater photographers?
Thanks.
David

I have not dived with them, but my friend who is also a photographer thinks that the dive guides at atlantis are the best he has experienced for knowledge and spotting (but expensive mind). Would not recommend the company we are with at the moment. As always, YMMV.

I normally find that smaller dive operations are a little more flexible with underwater photographers than bigger and busier dive shops.

A good point.

We are currently with a very small operator, that is very "laid back". No problems if we dive 1 hour 10, 1 hour 20, which a larger operation most certainly would have problesm with, and we can usually select the destination.

However, having said that, the dive guides are pretty uninvolved, but we find our own stuff so its less of a concern.

Hi Josh,
Thanks! what is the name of the dive shop you are working in Puerto Galera?

No, sorry, I am just on holiday at the moment in PG. Been here a few times, you will enjoy it I am sure. Think Macro.

Make sure you get in a few night dives. They are worth it.

Hi eveyone,
What will be the best dive operation in Puerto Galera for underwater photographers?
Thanks.
David

The thing to do is let them know that is your primary interest and ask what restrictions they have, especially on dive times. Some operations are going by time and not air.

If I end up back in the boat with over a 1000 psi (it's happened), I feel cheated :shakehead: Sometimes if you're diving in a group, they're going to require you to stay with the group which will interfere also.

The best place I've found for underwater photographers so far in the Philippines is Club Ocellaris ( Club Ocellaris - Just another WordPress weblog ) in Anilao. I'm planning on ending my next trip there after diving Tubbataha and Palawan before coming home to Japan.

I remember over five years ago, diving in Puerto Galera and there was a gentleman who was doing lots of underwater photography. He said he's been going back to the same dive shop as he likes to have his private or semi-private guide. The dive shop is with Tropicana resort, which is not right by the water. I think their website is Tropicana Castle and Dive Resort, a fantastic hotel, the top quality acomodations in Puerto Galera.. I don't know if they still have the same staff, but back then when we dived with Tropicana, we liked our guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom