DIY scuba Hookah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

corey24

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello im new to this site and i want some help on how to make scuba hooka i will be diving in about 30ft of water i just need some help on what kind of compressor i should buyt and fittings and what nots i found these compressors will and on these woork

VIAIR 400P-RV Portable Air Compressor :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts

SpeedyNails Pneumatic air tools, nails, staples and parts: Bostitch {CAP1516} 1.5 HP / 1.6 Gallon OIL-LESS Electric Pancake Compressor

Thomas Compressors 1020-T 3/4 HP Piston Air Compressor/Vacuum Pump

450H VIAIR Air Compressor, Hardmount, Continuous Duty

Hitachi EC79 Oil-Less Portable Pancake Air Compressor

Amazon.com: Denver Tools 210010 2HP 30 Liter Oilless Air Compressor: Home Improvement

sorry for all the links i just dont know what one to pick any help will be apperciated!!!! thanks Corey

None of those will do.

Forgeting about the air filtration problems, and please don't forget about that, at 30 feet you need 15PSIG above what your regulator wants to see (130 to 150 PSI), also at 30 FSW you will need at least 2 SCFM, and frankly I'd want at least 4 SCFM with a 10 CF volume tank.

Good luck, and be careful.

Last edited:
Why don't you describe, in some detail, what it is that you're trying to do. Perhaps then, someone will be able to help you.

well i just want to make a simple scuba hookah system for 1 person to dive to a depth of 30ft what else do you need to know?

What is the work load when you get there? How do you intend to deliver the air to the diver? What sort of regulator? Do you know about non-return valves and why they're important? What's your power source? etc.

The more details the better the advice will be.

Corey, get certified and become a diver and you won,t have to use a hookah system. Dont go try making one unless you really know what you are doing.It can kill you easily.
Iif you have to use a hookah get one ready made.
Brownie's Third Lung

well i just want to make a simple scuba hookah system for 1 person to dive to a depth of 30ft what else do you need to know?

Corey,

I think the point that is trying to be made here is that there are variables that can affect the answer. Since you're posing the question, in search of an answer, the better the details you provide are, the more accurate the answer will be as it applies to your situation.

thanks for all the responses i am a certified diver but i wanted to make a scuba hookah because i used one and i like it more than having all the gear on your back. I thought i could save some money making my own . plus its easier for me at least to spear fish.I wanted to make one powered by 12volt marine battery i dont want a gas one for the risk of breathing in fumes thats why i i want electric. I dont know what king of regulators i have to use for this thats what i was hoping you guys could help me with.??I dont have a lot of money to spend or i would buy one from brownies.

Back
Top Bottom