HD 100 lift capacity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fireman6458

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased a HD 100 and it is advertised with 44 or 45 lbs of lift.( I cant remember) When looking at the tag with the serial # and specifications, it is written in marker 38 lbs. I am confused at which it really is. It is a size large. Can you explain this please?

Not sure........

I own an older TUSA Evolution Platina............

It showed 36 lbs of lift in the literature for the Medium size........

Inside on the tag was stamped 155 Newton's.............

Converting to US that is 34.9 lbs..................

It was the manufacturing tolerance...........and the 155 was actual measured lift......

Now a difference of 7 lbs seems really excessive.........

Of course 38 lbs of lift is probably more than enough for most people..........

Hope this helps......M

The medium and small have 35 lb bladder according to the website. The large and Xl should be 45. I'm wondering if you got a new model or someone made a mistake. Either way for single tank diving 35 ( or in your case 38) is more than enough for anything I can think of. PM Nick Hollis on here and see what's up. You might need to wait a bit for an answer. Lots of shows going on now.

I know it will be plenty, I was just wondering what the discrepancy is. I thought as you did that maybe it's a newer model. It's not a life or death situation, just curiousity. I do know it is extremely comfortable and I really like it's design.:D

i have a large hd100 which also claims 38lbs on the tag, my only guess is the 45lbs comes from the inherant bouancy of the complete bc.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the questions.

The SM & MD size HD100 lift cap is 35lbs / LG & XL - 45lbs.

The lift rating as specified by CE testing is roughly 4-6 lbs less depending on size. However, actual lift of the BC is greater due to inherent buoyancy of the jacket itself.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom