Cave Report - 2009-03-13 - TecXX [Pics] [Video]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brockbr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Kelsey (aka TecXX) recently finished her cave course (intro) in Marianna at Jackson Blue.

We had rented Hole In the Wall House ( Hole in the Wall House Home Page ) which is on the Mill Pond. Dealing with Stacy & Edd (Cave Adventurers) was a pleasure as always, and the house was a great place to stage all of our dives from. We planed to dive until Tuesday along with some friends who met us down there.

The original plan called for Kelsey and her buddy to meet up with KennyP (the instructor) Saturday morning at Cave Adventurers. Kenny was there and ready to go at 8:30.

Since Kelsey was doing her class, I decided to get a few dives in with two friends who had come down - Ben and Brian.

Saturday we did Hole in the Wall and Twin. Both were fantastic dives and we had a great time. We started out by scootering across the Mill pond to Hole in the Wall. (Mental note: The Mill Pond doesn't lend itself to these seemingly "good"idea").

For the 2nd dive, we rented a boat from Edd and ran down to Twin.

Here's a shot looking out from Hole in the Wall at my scooter - Click for larger:

The dock at Hole in the Wall House:

Ben and Brian loading the boat:

Motoring out to the site:

Saturday night cleaning clear and getting ready for day #2:

Sunday, we all went to Jackson Blue. Brian and I did a scooter dive to Cortz squeeze to a jump neither of us knew was there. Apparently after 2 dives and some further investigations, there are 2 jumps in the ceiling of Cortz Squeeze. We found the tight own and ended up in an incredible room above the ceiling of Cortz Squeeze. Brian took pics so I'm hoping he'll send them my way to post.

Jackson Blue (how many pictures does one need of JB? :D ):

By Sunday night, Kelsey had finished and passed with flying colors. She really is awesome in the water if you ask me and most people she dives with.

We'd been talking with Stacy about Kelsey trying out sidemount. As luck would have it, Stacy offered Kelsey her entire setup to try out on Monday.

Kelsey prepping for a fun dive with me in Stacy's sidemount:

Of course, she liked it so much, by Monday night, we went back to Cave Adventurers and bought Kelsey a complete sidemount setup (a Nomad of course). Fitted it and got all the bits and bobs squared away.

Here we are Tuesday morning - Kelsey in her brand new Nomad, and me in my CCR:

It was just her and I, and I wanted to film her dive, so we treated it like she was solo - She'd run the reel by herself, do the entire dive, then exit and pull the reel. I filmed the entire thing, and have cut it together.

I think she looks absolutely solid in the water - Forget that it was only her second day in sidemount - She did a fantastic job.

>>>>>>>Click image below to watch Video<<<<<<<

Great report, congrats Kelsey!

GREAT report. Hole in the Wall actually looks pretty clear....scooter shot is awesome. Hope to be at JB in two weeks!

Congratulations Kelsey! Awesome Job!! :)

Aint but one word to some that up - Outstanding Kelsey!!!!!!!!

If I can be half the diver lil Kelsey is, I can say at the end of the day I've acomplished something. You make it look easy Kels!

Kenny

Congrats, Kelsey!

Hopefully, I'll pass Cavern/Intro in two weeks, and we can start planning some dives..I bet we can find a way to fit two sets of cave diving gear in the Miata! :)

(joking, of course. If we were to fit two sets of cave gear in my Miata, a set of cylinders would have to learn how to drive, because there would be no room for a driver or a passenger LOL)

Great video of Kelsey in the sidemount config. I had a great weekend with you all. Thanks again for your hospitality. Kelsey is exceptional and it is always a pleasure to dive with her and pass along knowledge of a new aquatic environment to her. I hope we can all meet up for some more fun soon.
Best,
Kenny P.

Congrats Kelsey, you look a hellovalot better in the water than I did on my second cave dive! :D

Looking forward to the pics of the room above Courts Squeeze as well, I know of one jump back there that parrallels the mainline and connects a little further back, but I guess I've been missing the one in the ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom