6082 Housing Viewfinder option question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPKelpDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The canon hg20 doesn't have a viewfinder on it...if I buy the 6802 will I have the option to view my image through the viewfinder? Or do I need an canon hg21, which has a built in viewfinder, in order for the view finder to produce an image? Basicly am I spending 200 bucks more for a feature that won't be available becuase it is not on my camcorder? Thanks

Maybe it's not obvious but the viewfinder port is just a piece of glass.
Model #6082 Only: A Super Eye magnifying viewfinder is provided for enhanced viewing of the camera's built-in viewfinder.

It iss pretty obvious actually. I have been doing so much camcorder research that I am begining to get lazy.

I'm not sure if this question was considered answered or not. So just to be safe:

The #6082 housing will work with either the HG20 or HG21 camera. The Super-Eye viewfinder is only useful with the HG21 camera. As the HG20 does not have a viewfinder the image can only be viewed using the camera's LCD screen.

If you have the HG20 (and don't plan on getting an HG21) there is no reason to pay extra for the #6082 housing.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom