Waterproof "Taurus" Semidry 7mm suit $400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark01

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For sale here is a Waterproof brand Taurus model 7MM Semidry suit size L/t. I stand 6' 3" and weigh 207 and found the fit pretty good for an off the rack suit. I owned this suit just over one year and have a total of 19 dives on it. I found the suit to live up to the manufacturer's description in all respects. I have made 6 dives in 44 degree water and was quite comfortable. I was not toasty, but I was not cold or chilled either. Very little water gets into this suit which, combined with the high density, top quality neoprene, is why it does its job so well, even at 100'. I have moved to more tech diving and have gone to a dry suit because of the extended times I spend at depth. This suit has a Halcyon drysuit pocket mounted on the left thigh and comes with a 7 mm hood. This suit has been very well cared for having been rinsed, hung to dry, and its zipper lubed after each use. There is no damage or wear to the suit other than what would occur in normal use. I guarantee the buyer's satisfaction with this suit at purchase and will refund the purchase price upon return if the suit is found to not be as I have described. Buyer pays shipping. Price is $400 usd.

Suit Description:

Combine a snug fit with a Drysuit zipper and stunning design and you end up with a high-class semidry. Features include an anatomical design, super stretch neoprene seals, inner plush lining and unique 3-Dimentional hard-core rubber Knee Guards to mention just a few. The Taurus bridges the gap between a Drysuit and a Wetsuit. Dry enough to keep the Diver warm in colder water, thus still with the snug fit and nice feeling of a high-class wetsuit. Facilitates longer dives in warmer environment and lower air consumption due to less heat loss.
Features

7mm overall with separate hood (included).
Colors: Lycra Blue-Black-Grey.
DUPONT Neoprene.
Microcell Neoprene.
Dynat gas proof zipper horizontally cross the shoulders.
Double thread stitch and all ends knotted together.
Prebent arms and legs for maximum anatomical fit. Designer suit.
No seam in the crotch area.
No restraining seam guidance at arms and legs.
No four seams meet one another as cross (no 90Ž°angle).
The wrist- and ankle seals have round-cut endings, which are additionally protected by fabric tape.
Vulcanized 3-D hard-core kneepads.
Front neck zipper, provided with under layer of neoprene.
Inside neck there is smooth skin.
Inside lining of Nylon plush.
Harmonica stretch neoprene panels in hollow of knees and arms.
Generous double seals made from Microcell stretch neoprene with zipper at arms and legs.

Details:

Chill Guard Keeps body heat in the suit.

Comfort Zipper Fully gusseted Ǥomfort Zipper at the neck to relieve stress on
the surface.

Stretch Panel Form fitting wave flex back panel.

Anatomical Sculpting Prebent arms and legs provides a perfect anatomical fit.

High Visibilty Reflective logo on neck and sleeves.

Seat That Grips Polyurethane embossing provides a non-slip grip and
abrasion.

PU Reinforced Shoulders Critical area abrasion resistance.
Size Chart - http://www.waterproof-gear.com/images/waterproof_sizing_chart.pdf
More Info - http://www.waterproof.se/pdf/product_sheet_taurus.pdf

Attachments

• SD Back.jpg
    SD Back.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 148
  • SD Front.jpg
    SD Front.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 190
I think weight-wise the suit would be fine. Given that you're about 6' I think you might find the suit a little long. My crotch to floor is 35" and torso circumference is about 71" (that's measured through the crotch and over the shoulder near the neck). If you're much shorter than this through the leg or the torso, I think you're going to have room in the suit which is not what you want with a semidry.

Mark

Well, I sold this to my dive buddy who made it into a dry suit. Last time we dove, I think he was thinking about selling it. If you are still interested, I can check with him.

Thanks!

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom