Clark Hill 3/21/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
OK. Three of us showed up for diving. Pre dive, there were buzzards circling over us. Is this like a bad omen or what?
As we dropped down, the reel gnomes were hard at work. I was tempted to pull out the surgical shears. Well, we managed to continue our dive. Vis was well, was there vis (3-5')? After executing the perfert chinese fire drill, we managed to make it to the plane. Geez, this is getting embarrasing. We managed to make it down to the missle at74' (OK how I hit it in such low vis, watching the compass and depth on the computer and trying to keep us together I don't know). We then headed over to the wall (80' wall). I managed to track this well (nice cat here) and then dropped down to the 100' wall. OK so far, in this low vis I was amused that I could keep course. Water temp was better though than our last dive, 60 on surface, 51f at depth. When we left the 100' wall I noticed that we had lost one of our group. Per predive briefing it was search for a minute, do your safety stop (we are diving relatively deep) and rejoin on the surface. Murphy was working today. Since I wasn't pulling the flag, I decided to send up the safety sausage on my finger spool so our missing bud would know where we were. Well, I spoke of Murphy, with my 7mm gloves I dropped the finger spool down through the forest area - no panic, but more of a relaxed "oh bother.." moment. Did I mention we were nearing deco? Well after much more Murphy's law I recovered, inflated the sausage and sent it upward. We made a nice slow acent with an extended safety stop. On the swim in (on our backs looking upward) we saw 1, then 2, then 4, then 8 buzzards circling above us. Did they know something we didn't? Well, after much exertion (OK so it is early in the season) we made it to shore. Cheated death yet again! Well maybe this was a bit overly dramatic telling of the dive, but the details were accurate. Still we end up with about an hour dive in low vis with a max depth of 99' and still had a good time -we who are easily amused....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom