Canon SD870IS Ikelite case flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewslife2

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
:shakehead: Diving @ Laguna today my housing flooded, and I think I should send it in so it can be checked and pressure tested, can you let me know where to send it, the camera is insured so replacing it should be no problem, I just would like chek the housing and replace any parts as needed, most likely I missed a bit of sand or something on the O-ring but I just want to make sure. It's my first housing and I would also appreciate any advise as to how to insure against any future flooding.

thank-you for your help
Robert Henkel
chewslife2@yahoo.com

Go to IKELITE Underwater Systems and check on Contact Us and you will get the email and address for repairs. At least I would start there.

I have never had a flooded housing (fingers crosed), but with any other repair requests I have had, they have been awesome to work with. And I do mean awesome.

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble! At the top of our forum there's a thread titled "How To Get Anything Serviced or Repaired" that has full details on the return of the housing. We can definitely do a thorough inspection, clean up, and water pressure test.

As with any housing, the main o-ring on the ULTRAcompact style must be completely free of debris before closing. You should periodically remove the o-ring to make sure both it and the groove it sits in are clean. Unlike the main o-rings on our other housings, this seal requires a bit of lubrication to seal properly. Coat it lightly and evenly with a little Ikelite silicone lubricant, enough to make it shiny but not "gloppy."

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom