US Cellular Scuba Commercial

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff Toorish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the new commerical for US Cellular that features a diver?

The script went something like this...

(VIDEO OF DIVER)
In one day you can learn to scuba dive

In two weeks you can be a certified diver

In three weeks you can be diving by yourself.

(VIDEO OF DIVER WITH SHARK)

In five weeks you can be diving with a shark.

But it takes six weeks to be a US Cellular customer service representative

I couldn't find video of the commercial online --but, you know, I was thinking --two weeks to get certified? Apparently US Cellular has never heard of PADI!

SO, in 7 weeks, can you be an underwater US Cellular customer service rep who dives with sharks?

Jeff

Of course it's all true. Maybe the two weeks to get certified is a little off. It took me one week with SDI. Took the exam on Monday online the same day I signed up, did the pool stuff at the local Y and discussions on Wednesday and Thursday and did the OW stuff and discussions that weekend in a local quarry. It's really not that complicated unless you make it complicated.

That one is the best. I have it linked on my website so I can watch it anytime I am near a computer.

To the OP, it does not surprise me that a publication (in this case a commercial) went out without solid fact checking. It is to bad but a fact of life today. I would be interested in seeing it if you find a link.

Stange, but I didn't find the timeline a bit out of whack. When I took my OW (PADI), it required almost exactly two weeks.

But I didn't wrestle a shark....EVER.

I was NAUI open water certified in '94. I remember that my course book was a 3-ring binder about 300-400 pages, and questions on each one. I think the class was about a month, maybe more, we went 3 times a week. It's amazing how fast stuff goes now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom