the World's Largest Waterbed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and spend 5~10 minutes if possible on the World's Largest Waterbed.

Offgassing is still taking place once you surface and that is not the best time to be thrashing about against a current, climbing a boat ladder, scaling a rock breakwater or hiking a steep trail back up to the parking lot.

One of my favorite parts of the dive is being Orca Bait and enjoying the comfort of the World's Largest Waterbed.

This thread could be titled *I feel crappy today because I didn't get to relax on the surface after the dive(s) yesterday*.

I didn't climb a boat ladder.... but if I had at least I wouldn't have had to thrash, scale and hike.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Do yourself a favor and spend 5~10 minutes if possible on the World's Largest Waterbed.

Offgassing is still taking place once you surface and that is not the best time to be thrashing about against a current, climbing a boat ladder, scaling a rock breakwater or hiking a steep trail back up to the parking lot.

One of my favorite parts of the dive is being Orca Bait and enjoying the comfort of the World's Largest Waterbed.

This thread could be titled *I feel crappy today because I didn't get to relax on the surface after the dive(s) yesterday*.

I didn't climb a boat ladder.... but if I had at least I wouldn't have had to thrash, scale and hike.

That's a really great idea. I've often enough just sat at the surface relaxing after a dive, but I never really considered it part of the dive or the offgassing.

I usualy hang out in the water a bit before I go back to shore or reboard or whatever. I don't take as long as most of my buddies to ungear so I just go with the motion lol.

It's standard procedure for cavers... especially since honking those doubles up the hill is not what one would call a leisurely stroll...
Rick

We were blown off of the wrecks by wicked current, so we did a drift dive past some tugs. Well, I had the flag and was soon pulled by my "kite" away from the group. (Note to group... it's your duty to stay with the guy being dragged around by the flag!!!) Not one to panic, I had a nice leisurely dive and finally surfaced. I rolled up the buoy line and since it was such a beautiful day I crossed my legs around the ball and just floated on my back on the gentle waves. The boat went past me several times picking up other divers (we were scattered everywhere) and finally pulled up to me... the captain's words were "If you're finished with your nap, we would like you to come aboard now..." I was so obviously comfortable bobbing in the suds that he took everyone else out first. What a guy!

we were on a cattle boat (or so it seemed) and as we came to the end of that stop we saw another group ascend... a minute or two later the boat pulled up and started to load them on. Well, we just stayed at depth until ALL of that group were done and THEN we surfaced. I think we did a 14 minute safety stop that morning. We had the gas, (it was that breakfast, I tell you) it was rough topside, and we obviously had the time while the others were loading up. It was a win/win situation...

When I do Caribbean follow the leader boat dives. I tend to wait at 15 feet for folks to get on the boat. I do this for a few reasons.....I tend to have the gas at the end of the dive, some folks get real uptight/anxious getting back on the boat...I'd rather not be near them. Lastly, I'd have to wait anyway...why not hang underwater and see what I can see.

Peace,
Cathie

I've seen some of the coolest stuff on a dive while waiting for others to get out of the water. Manta Rays, neat Jellies and Salps, Dolphins, etc.

Hey Doc....Beast has his own dive flag story, 'Solo diving in Pompano Beach!' :wink:

i have to agree unless i have a huge surface swim (which is often)
i like to just lax out and float around (plus im usually washing the yukie stuff off my face....dont tell me im the only one lol)

it cracks me up when im doing safety stops......me and my buddy play paper siccors rock to pass the time while every one else are playing with there inflator hose trying to sit at 5 meters

Back
Top Bottom