Fiji Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WCollins

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I have booked the September 5th Fiji Aggressor and wanted to know if anyone out there has been on this livaboard. We've done several Aggressor trips but wanted to get some tips, suggestions, and trip reports on the Fiji Aggressor. Thanks for any info you have on this liveaboard trip.:D

We were on the older boat with Captain Ned. But there is a trip report, gallery and slide show at our site. Don't know about the new boat but we plan on going back, someday....

Spent a week on the Fiji Aggressor, Dec 07. Really nice boat, almost identical to the Palau Aggressor, if you know that boat. Bigger version of the Kona Aggressor. Wonderful lay out, very nice cabins, generous dive deck. Diving is from a skiff, which gets lowered into the water after divers and DM's are on board. Tanks are filled on the skiff, so no carrying them during the week. Wonderful crew back then, but has probably changed in the last year and a half.

Unbelievable diving - more fish than I've seen anywhere, beautiful corals, etc, etc. There were some pretty stiff currents, sometimes surprising you during the middle of a dive. I got a really good workout that week. Food was excellent. At night, lay out on the top deck with the deck lights turned off - and check out the universe above.

Enjoy!

My wife and I have booked the September 5th Fiji Aggressor and wanted to know if anyone out there has been on this livaboard. We've done several Aggressor trips but wanted to get some tips, suggestions, and trip reports on the Fiji Aggressor. Thanks for any info you have on this liveaboard trip.:D

Bula WCollins!

I was on that smaller boat with captain ned too.The boat had several plumbing issues during the week but, it may not be in service with aggressor now. I did check out the new larger boat in port and it is a very impressive dive boat. You will have a great dive experience. But I was glad I went on the smaller boat because of the small,very friendly group and crew We had 9 very compatible divers on the boat in September 2008 and I think that is the key to a successful liveaboard trip rather than the boat itself. One inexperienced couple struggled with the very strong currents and wisely sat out a few dives.

We were on the older boat with Captain Ned. But there is a trip report, gallery and slide show at our site. Don't know about the new boat but we plan on going back, someday....

Bula mjh

I checked out your site. Great job! beautiful pictures! Thanks for posting the link.

I am getting quite tempted by the Fiji Aggressor - its not a part of the world that i am familiar with. Are there any particularly good or bad seasons for a liveaboard there?

i could go Oct Nov 09, Jan/Feb 2010 or April/May 2010.

We were on the small boat with Capt Ned - a great trip! I can't say enough about the crew and the chef!!! Luke' makes some mean garlic bread - I would eat it knowing I'd regret it on the next dive - but I didn't care! My crew buddy was Jessie - what a sweet man. The colors in Fiji are amazing - just amazing. We have been twice and both times in October - weather was good - just a little rain now and then - nothing that messed up the diving!

I've been to Fiji, but not on the Aggressor. I was on the Naia. They visit some of the same sites, so I can tell you for sure that the diving there is fantastic. You'll have a great time.

Been diving off Tavuni the last week of March. Weather was great. Couple of evening showers. The guy wasn't kidding about the great colors - or the currents!

I spent a week on the Fiji Agressor in Nov 1999. It hooked me on liveaboards. Off the top of my head, we saw hammerheads the first dive of the day so get up early. If you stayed really still, the school would ignore you but if somebody moved they would swim away. There was another site where the mantas would swim above you if you stayed reasonably still. I also remember blue ribbon eel and sea snakes. The crew and food were great. We stayed up at night talking and drinking kava with them. Everywhere we went the Fijians were wonderful. We also spent time diving, hiking & kayaking in Bengua lagoon, which was a beautiful Island but the the diving didn't compare to the sites the aggressor took us too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom