Wide angle lens for ikelite g7 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toml

New
Reaction score
First things first, one big hello to all scuba board moderators, members and visitors, as this is my first post up here.

I am the owner of G7 accompanied by original Canon uw housing. At the moment I am not prepared to upgrade to DSLR, and I am satisfied with my pics sofar (I wanted to post url but am not allowed until 5th post), excluding wide angle photography, as it is hard to make a decent photo with temporary equipment. Wide angle photography and capability of setting shutter speed and aperture under water are the reasons of switching to Ikelite uw housing, which will be accompanied probably by two strobes (either DS51 or DS125, havent decided yet).

My question might sounds strange, but anyway....which wide angle and/or fisheye lens can I use with G7 and Ikelite housing?

Tom

Last edited:
We don't make any wide angle ports or accessories that are compatible with the Canon-brand housing for the G7.

For the Ikelite housing we have a short port #9305.92 which allows you to add a 67mm threaded wide angle lens such as the Ikelite W20 (#6420). We do not have any adapters that allow you to attach a bayonet-style lens to this housing.

As an aside, 67mm threaded macro lenses can be attached to the front of either the original port or the optional shorter port.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Back
Top Bottom