June trip - PG and La Union

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kosmonooit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Greets all - yes another trip to phils is in the making. I have been in June before, weather is mild athough the typhoons are coming :eek:

Starting off with a catch-up day in Manila then to PG for 6 days @ the Big Laguna Beach Club, its a nice family atmosphere there and a nice spot. Can't wait to re-live the dives I had there last year, it was the best I have had so far. Hopefully trigger fish season is over.

Then roaming up north Luzon: La Union never gets a mention here, although the author of one of my guides (Lonely Planet "Diving and Snorkelling Phils" lives up there. How does it rank? Going to be renting a car and doing some exploring, so anything else up North Western Luzon worth checking out? Then down to Subic along the coast? do-able? any secrets to share? do tell all!

Thanks in advance.

vigan and batanes comes to mind. havent been to either place but they're on my list. there's also diving in la union for WWII wrecks. i think the dive op is ocean deep. havent tried it yet so i dont have contact info.

La Union is more for surfing. The sand is darker so the water doesn't look as clear. Old threads: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/philippine-paradise-divers/139209-surfing-spots-philippines.html
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...27735-anyone-gone-diving-la-union-lately.html

If you're going up north, you can also search on Bolinao and 100 Islands. There's also great beach camping in Zambales. Baguio is a city in the mountains. Really depends on what you want to see.

thanks - we will be going via Baguio, its a bit of touring that I am looking forward to. 100 Islands: whats the coral / reefs like there?

Hopefully can find a place on a great beach for a few days, some diving will be a bonus. Not a surfer, but waves are always enjoyable :)

i heard they're trying to develop a diving industry in 100 islands. someone was looking for free videographers to shoot them some material for promotional AVPs.

Back
Top Bottom