p90x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

easyrider003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I looked for a different place to post this, but this is the best place that I could find for it. I was wondering how many people on this board have tried or in the process of trying p90x?

Mine is supposed to be here this friday. Excited to try it. Wondering what other peoples opinion of it is?

My Wife and I did it, starting last May.

It is an awesome program, as long as you are committed to 6 one hour workouts a week. The nutritional guide is good too - do both.

We saw big changes - even after 30 days.

Were we completely ripped after 90 days? No, but it was a big improvement over the "before" photos. We did it religiously for the first 30 days, and then prob did 5 hours a week, sometime 4, for the next 60 days.

I was formerly a runner, so now I run 10km 3 times a week, and do a couple of the one hour weight lifting DVDs a week. If it is raining, I'll do the Plyo dvd instead of running in the rain. Often on a Sat morning my wife and I will do the Kempo karate DVD - if you do it right, it is an excellent workout, fun too.....

The closer you stick to the workout and nutrition program, the closer your results will be to the ones you see in the promo. Bear in mind that many of the ones you see are after two or three rounds of P90X.

If you do as they say, you will be in the best shape of your life, cardio and strength.

Your SAC should go down, too.....

Let me know how it goes.

It's an excellent workout. Explosive. A friend of mine who has been a serious weight lifter for over 20 years talked me into it. After 20 years of lifting it has been difficult for him to see results as most of his body has acclimated to almost anything he does. This program had him on his knees and is showing results.
I tried it and liked it. Personally I have some issues with it. A lot of jumping and bending. Murder on my tired old injured back.
I think before you try this or any plan, you need to assess your goals.

mine is still in its box since...uhh Sept 2008. reading this has me thinking i'll at least watch the starter dvd tonight....if its like the adds, i'll likely get caught up and commit to starting it right then. interesting topic since divers should be into fitness and all. Thanks.

Hello All,
This is my first post, although I log on daily.I never felt the urge to add my comments.
I've been using P90X for 2 weeks now.The main reason for starting was I wasn't happy with my cardio.Surface swimming while geared-up was difficult. I was sucking way too much air!
The first DVD told me I had work to do.Every day is a different work-out,and I actually enjoy some of them.I'm 53,and have had back surgery,so I was careful not to take on too much.But my goal is to be a better diver,to always improve.
I had never done Yoga before. Yoga is a KILLER! I don't bend that way!But I did what I could, and the second week is better.My breathing is already better.No, I don't expect to look like the people on the ads,but if I work hard at this,I'll be a better diver.And that's not a bad goal.
David

Well it is sunday, rest day. I just completed the first week of p90x. I have been doing pretty good with the diet.....with the exception of last night. Everyone got the talking about eating Mexican food... so I went. Today I have been right back on the diet. Although I have not been sticking to the diet exactly like I was supposed to. Mainly because it is freakin' expensive and secondly because there is no way I can eat all the food that I am supposed to eat. I will be back at it tomorrow though. I work as a firefighter/emt and check my blood sugar every couple of days. Before I started the workout, about a week and a half ago, my blood sugar ran in the 120s130s. Checked the other day and it was 71. Blood Pressure has definitely improved as well as my heart rate. I love the workouts but hate them at the same time.

I've done p90x for about the last year or so, on and off. I'm in the on phase right now.. just getting ready to start phase 3. If you follow the diet and do the workouts, the fat will fall off. I can see a good result, but more importantly I feel better. I have much more energy and stamina. Good luck to you, it's a fun workout routine.

scuba70,

Did you stick EXACTLY to the diet. Did you eat the correct amount every meal and snack or did you cut back? If you did not stick exactly to the diet what did you change or would you do differently?

Back
Top Bottom