2009 Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boston Diver Services

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Happy Summer New England Lobster Divers! The 2009 Season is starting this weekend. Hopefully we will see all our regulars and a few new faces this season. Check out bostondiving.com for the schedule. Capt. Pat

Attachments

• Scallop Dives.jpg
    Scallop Dives.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Lobster Dives.jpg
    Lobster Dives.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 52
  • profile2.jpg
    profile2.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 71
Hi Pat,

It looks like there may be some interest in booking you guys for the saturday of the Lovell's Island weekend. I'll try to get commitments and talk to you about it on the 4th.

Matt

Hi Pat, i'm back in black and ready to dive, see you soon buddy

Happy Summer New England Lobster Divers! The 2009 Season is starting this weekend. Hopefully we will see all our regulars and a few new faces this season. Check out bostondiving.com for the schedule. Capt. Pat

Get everything shook down this weekend... The boys will be back and ready to get down to business next Saturday!

Hello All,
Just a quick heads up. One of my guys just injured his eye and will not be able to make it tomorrow so there is 1 spot left for the scallop dive. Boat leaves at 10:00 AM.

Please contact BHDC directly if you're interested.

Capt. Jim can be reached at (617) 846-5151.

Thanks,
Chris

Cross post from ST.
Well the 2009 dive season is officially open with MSilvia and I hitting up Boston Harbor Diving for there first scallop charter of the year. We met up with the captains in East Boston at their boat the MV Splash. A well outfitted boat complete with a hot shower, head and galley. We were booked with Six divers and the two captains however die to a last minute injury we were down to five divers. With plenty of space to get geared up we headed out to a location that will not be divulged where we found no shortage of scallops! It was a scallop dive after all. I did not get enough time to practice in my dry suit so I wound up doing the dive wet. With 39* water temps I was actually quite toasty in my wet suit for a 32 min dive in 30' of water. With a full catch bag of scallops I headed for the boat. We did the dives a drift dives where every diver had a flag and basically wound up where ya wound up and the boat came and got you and your bag. Everyone had their own method of getting the catch to the top. I tied my flag off to my bag and used it as an ascent line as there was a nasty current. then once in the boat hauled the flag line with my catch bag back up. I attached a lift bag to it with some gas in it to assist in the hauling of the heavy bag.
Once the scallops were on board it was shucking time. As MA does not have a scallop season or permit you are limited to one one gallon bag of chucked scallop meat per person. That was not going to be a problem!
While the dry suited people went for dive two I finished my and Matt's first catch bags and got into some warm dry clothes. In the end Matt and I wound up with about 10 lbs. for FRESH palm sized scallops ready for the kitchen. That night we cooked up a scallop and bacon margarita pizza, a scallop an jalapeño risotto and of course bacon wrapped scallops! I would HIGHLY recommend this dive, the charter and captains to any one looking for a fun new dive to do. check out the photos hear.

Pat let me know if you want me to send you any of the pics from the trip.......

cheers,

Brian D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom