New 3mil or 5mil fullsuit for 29th March till 3rd April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eskasi

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be in Sharm for the above dates. Just wondering if I can get away with a new 3 mil fullsuit or if it is too cold? I have one of those Pinnacle Merino lining 3 mils suits which is still quite new and not so compressed.

I really hate using anything more than that but I don't like being cold either....

Can someone give me a little insight to water temps now?

Thanks,
Kay Burn

Hey there mate.

Nice to hear that you're coming to Egypt. Regarding the temerature and wetsuit choice you can have a look at my Red Sea Info page RED SEA YEAR - TIME TABLE Where you will find the advice you're looking for if you scroll down to the bottom. Feel free to click on the google ads on the way down ;o)

.....a.....

Thanks guys. Awesome website Samaka! I will be bookmarking it and directing my friends to it...

Made a few clicks too :wink:

Sad to hear that I will be needing the 5 mil....I am convinced though that my 3 mil Merino is almost as warm as the 5.... I will probably bring both to try anyway...

Kay Burn

Dear Samaka,

Awesome site. I really like it. I might be coming over in Febr. 2010. I assume I can forget my 28C water temperature. I do not have a dry suit but I do have a new 7mm one. Planning to go on a liveaboard. Which would be the best area to go?

Thanks for any feedback.

Feb is drysuit without any doubt. 7mm full and maybe a 3mm shortie on top (and 3mm vest) if you dont feel the cold. No chance id dive here in feb without a drysuit though. Water maybe 16c.

Dear Samaka,

Awesome site. I really like it. I might be coming over in Febr. 2010. I assume I can forget my 28C water temperature. I do not have a dry suit but I do have a new 7mm one. Planning to go on a liveaboard. Which would be the best area to go?

Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks for the nice words about my website. In February I'd definatly go as far south as possible. St. John's is wicked that time of year. YOu can lso do daily diving in Fury Shoal if you go to Hamata. You find info on all this on www.aziab.com

...a...

Thanks for the nice words about my website. In February I'd definatly go as far south as possible. St. John's is wicked that time of year. YOu can lso do daily diving in Fury Shoal if you go to Hamata. You find info on all this on WELCOME TO AZIAB

...a...

HI Samaka,

Saw yours and another response about the temperatures. Seems Eqypt must wait. Intend now to go to Sudan and am looking into Cassiopeia liveaboard. Any comment/feedback on this boat? And of course I hope Febr. is a good time to go to Sudan. It is a hell of a trip from Vietnam...........

Back
Top Bottom