new reg/ comp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nu2scuba

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I purchased a new reg / octo today but opted not to get gauges/comp because i had already bout them online for much cheaper... do i need to have the gauges hooked up to the first stage by a dive center or is that something that i can do on my own?

you can do it yourself. just pull the plugs from your first stage and screw in the guages. The key is to tighten them enough to establish an air tight seal, but not over tighten. A rule of thumb that has worked for me is hand tight with a tweak from a wrench to ensure good seating....Then test to make sure there is a good seal (listen for air or put underwater and check for bubbles)

The threads are very fine--be careful not to force anything and cross-thread them.

thanks for the quick response. this may sound like a stupid question but... does it go into the HP port or LP?

guages will go in the HP port. If you notice that the end of the guages has a very small orifice. This indicates a HP port. If it is has a larger orifice, such as with your regs and inflator, then it will go into a LP port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom