Pinnacle wetsuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi guys, new diver here obviously. I was looking into getting a Pinnacle wetsuit and was hoping I could get some feedbac from you guys. I'm hoping to do some pretty varied diving, anyone have any comments about what kind of Pinnacle I should get and why? I love details so fire away!!!:eyebrow:

I have a Cruiser 5mm. I have had it for a couple months, have 35-40 dives on it, and I love it. The neck seal is a bit snug, but comfortable. I have worn anything from a skin hood, to a hooded vest, to a 6 mil hood with that neck seal, never had a complaint. You might see elsewhere that Pinnacle stitching frays. This is true, but it's nothing to worry about. Pinnacle seals their seams with glue, then blindstitches each side to reinforce that glue. I burn off all of the frays before a dive, no biggie. This suit fits like a glove. I have had it in cold springs, open water, marinas(for hours....), and the suit feels great. I have 2 other wetsuits, one thinner, one a 5 mm as well, I prefer the Pinnacle.

Ive seen nothing but good about Pinnacles and well worth paying extra for over lets say a Bare whose kneepads wore out and neoprene went stiff in just over a year.

The merino lining makes don/doff super easy and adds a little warmth. Expensive but worth the cost IMO

Thatguy. . . I can't give you information about Pinnacle, I've never seen one in my part of the country. If I could let me give the standard advice for anyone buying a wet suit. . . Get the best fit possible, no matter what the label. No two wetsuit companies use the same "standard" pattern. Try on any suit before buying, and it would help if you had an experienced diver there to help you. If the suit has to stretch while you are standing in the showroom, That is too tight. If a suit has loose areas in the chest, stomach, anywhere then it is too loose. Those are a bad thing in suit to keep you warm. If you find a brand that fits well, then consider other things like kneepads, zippers, etc.

Your profile doesn't say what part of the country you are in. . . A thin wetsuit in warm water can be forgiving. If you dive in cold water. Thick wetsuit material is not forgiving. Before putting down your money investigate a custom fit wetsuit, many wetsuit companies offer that as well as the Box suits you'll find "on the shelf". I've had 3 custom suits, that lasted through ice diving and cold weather diving. . . Now for warmer water diving my last two suits were 3 mm and were "good enough" for warm water.

you could consider camaro stingray as well (front zipper)

I recently bought me a Pinnacle Cruiser 7mm and it fits great and the quality looks nice. I did a lot of looking around before i bought it and most people agreed that Pinnacle is a good brand. I think the only negative thing i heard was about their zippers breaking (i think it was for Pinnacle), but if you send it in they will replace it. I haven't had the chance to dive with it yet so can't give you much first hand experience but i doubt you will be disappointed.

I have had my Pinnacle 5 mm and 7 mm for just under a year and LOVE them. I would get the Merino lined suit. It costs a bit more, but worth it when you truly want to stay warm and remain flexible in the water. The flexibility is the selling point for me. I am very moblie in my 7 mm which I cannot say for other suits I have tried. I don't think you can go wrong with this wet suit.

Pinnacle makes good stuff. So do many other manufactures. Wetsuits are all about fit. However many brands have a similar fit, so they must be cut the same way. I'd try some on before you buy if possible. I suppose if you are a standard size, than this maybe less of a requirement.

I don't dive a Pinnacle, but have many friends that use their drysuits, and like them.

You don't bother to include anything in your profile, or post that indicates WHERE you may be diving, or even what weight of suit you would like to purchase. I'm a dive it in a 3mm, or dive it dry type of guy. It's not a bad way to be!

Greetings THATguy1111 and welcome to SB. I own a Pinnacle Elastiprene Merino 7mm and a 5 /3 mm Merino hooded vest. Both have been exceptional and outstanding in every way. I have found it to be a very warm combo and dove it to 30-45 Žº range.
I have made dives with many dry suit divers and been ok. But I must confess that I own a DS now and dive year round. I will start diving wet in late April when temps. hit the 55 - 60 Žº range. The Merino is more $$ but I think it is worth it. I tried on the 3 mm version of the Elastiprene but the neck was uncomfortable for me personally.
I can recommend Pinnacle with no reservations. You would be well served by their products but be sure to try them on. Do not buy anything that is uncomfortable or does not fit well. That is one of the selling points of Pinnacle, they have many sizes to pick from. Go on line to get the sizing chart and follow the directions. It will help you to narrow your sizing options. Keep us posted and as already mentioned be sure to take your local diving conditions to heart in making your choice.
Have fun and enjoy the search for a new wet suit! Ah the smell of neoprene............
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom