Need an Instructor in Ft Lauderdale or Pompano Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tnsump

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My son needs to do his OW Cert dives next month and we will be in the Lauderdale area, anyone got a good instructor for him to do his 4 dives with. Thanks in advance.

My son needs to do his OW Cert dives next month and we will be in the Lauderdale area, anyone got a good instructor for him to do his 4 dives with. Thanks in advance.
Look for scubakevdm here on scubaboard. tell him brew sent ya. :)

A couple of years ago, my daughter did her open water dives with Paul Towhill from Blue Planet. He was a great instructor.

It looks like Blue Planet is under new management. I'm not sure Paul is still with them, but it is worth a call. I would definitely recommend him

Kirk's Dive and Surf Shop Home Page

Now named Kirks Dive and Surf Shop.

Best of luck.

John

A couple of years ago, my daughter did her open water dives with Paul Towhill from Blue Planet. He was a great instructor.

It looks like Blue Planet is under new management. I'm not sure Paul is still with them, but it is worth a call. I would definitely recommend him

Kirk's Dive and Surf Shop Home Page

Now named Kirks Dive and Surf Shop.

Best of luck.

John

I am probably too late on this but I 2nd the vote for Paul for Scuba instruction. He is excellent. Blue Planet in Port St Lucie, FL had some sort of issue with another dive shop in Hawaii of the same name so I guess they relented and changed their name. Should be the same ownership since Kirk owned Blue Planet before the name change.

You did say Fort Lauderdale, right? http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...zZwP&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1

Look at Pro Dive - Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Scuba Instructor Training for the broadest availability of scheduling. They are in the business of handling new divers through their focus of building instructors into PADI dive professionals.

They run a two-tank trip every day of the week. Pro Dive Dive Trips and with their convenient location, parking and ocean access, you'll be diving pretty quickly- under the guidance of the recognized national leader in PADI education in Ft Lauderdale.

Google "Laura Parke".

If you are looking for a group setting for training ProDive is the way to go as mentioned above. Boat, class, and pool within 50 yards of each other. View their website to see the scheduled classes that happen like clockwork each month.

If you are looking for some one on one training Patrick Peacock is the way to go. He cares about his students, organizes and conducts volunteer reef cleanups, teaches in a university so teaching is what he enjoys. Patrick is on this board and here is his profile:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/peacock.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom