Dive Sports Quarry Days - April 25, 2009 - Maidson Quarry - FREE Food!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilEllis

Reaction score
Dive Sports April 25 Quarry Days - Madison Quarry - $20 Per Person - FREE Food!

For those of you down in the deep south, we have scheduled our first Quarry Days event for April 25, 2009 at the Madison Quarry. This is the weekend before Britt's "official" opening of the quarry for the season. The cost is $20 per person and includes the full day of diving and the Dive Sports crew will provide the lunch! If you are interested in attending, you must sign up for this event at Dive Sports or you can give us a call at (256) 350-1122 to sign up by phone.

As we all know, Britt did a very good job at the quarry during the short season last year. He has gone out on a limb financially to sign a lease for another season, and we would love to have a big crowd on April 25 to help him out. It will be just a little bit chilly, but all our local divers are tough enough for the task. All proceeds we collect will go directly to Britt, so drop by with your 20 bucks and let us put it in the bag! Thanks.

Phil Ellis
www.diveports.com

We had five or six people come in and sign up today. I think we may have a nice crowd. It should be a nice day, and even though the water will be a little bit cool, the socializing and the Brad/Jonathan food will be eatable.

Most important, since we all begged and pleaded and complained and lamented about the closing of the quarry, this will give Britt a little pre-season financial shot in the arm. It is important that we help him recover his investment, make it all look good for the Madison Water board, so we can do this year after year.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Diving and lunch for twenty dollars... hmm, I may have to head down from Nashville for this, anybody need a buddy?

:D

Haven't been to Madison yet, but from what I've heard its one of the best sites nearby. Just for reference, can you elaborate on "a little bit chilly". I'm wondering whether I'd need to rent the five mil or the seven to throw on top of my three ...

Sounds exciting, I'm glad y'all are open this season!

Britt as you know Rita and I will be doing our Intro that weekend, however we offer you a huge load of thanks, and commend you on your effort to bring us another dive site option.

I love the ease of diving the quarry has for divers and look forward to taking those few short steps to the water's edge many times this summer.

Thanks again,

KennyT now that we got two Kenny's on the Dixie forum. Lol

66 to 56 degrees... not too bad.

Anyone scubaboard divers willing to let me tag along with their buddy team on the 25th?

I promise I don't bite...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom