Wetsuit thickness dahab april to july, instructor course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

03ict581

New
Reaction score
Hi there all,

I'm off to Dahab on the 7 april until around 5 july and am trying to decied what wetsuit to take, i've chosen the scubapro everflex but can't decide whether to take a 5/4mm or 7/5mm. i'm around 5'10 and skinny but don't know if 7/5mm would be to hot in june july or if the 5/4 would be too hot april-may.

Cheers Harry

That's a personal thing, everyone is different. But: Even in summer the water will be at least 10 degrees C colder than your body. This means you can never overheat once in the water. Are you concerned about overheating on shore?

That's a personal thing, everyone is different. But: Even in summer the water will be at least 10 degrees C colder than your body. This means you can never overheat once in the water. Are you concerned about overheating on shore?
Hi there thankyou for your input. Yes i am worried that a 7/5mm would be to warm in the water in june july. I had never thought of overheating outside the water but yes that would be an issue aswel but i supoose i can just half take off my suit outside if i am too hot.

7/5 definitely. You wont be too hot at all. Even if you do get hot you can flush water to cool down. Too hot can be cured in the water, too cold cant be.

Doing 3-4 dives a day plus the wind in Dahab and so on can chill easily. My advice, take the thickest suit you've got.

(oh and im in Dahab from Tuesday onwards...Yay!. Im taking my 3 piece 3mm+5mm+3mm semi dry to use all through summer. Only reason im not taking my drysuit is due to luggage restrictions.)

Hi there String,

Thank you for your advice, i will definatley be taking the 7/5mm.

Harry

Im taking my 3 piece 3mm+5mm+3mm semi dry to use all through summer. Only reason im not taking my drysuit is due to luggage restrictions.)

You're mad, right? That is insanely overkill.

To each their own..

Altho in fairness I am carrying my own personal 5mm all-over dry suit (of the birthday variety) :)

I hear skinny people feel the cold more. Those and wimps :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom