WTB 8" diameter steel tank (LP95-HP130 or anything in between)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimbo2006

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I live in southern NH and hoped someone within modest drive wants to sell an 8" diameter steel tank. My preference would be a HP tank but I'd also consider a LP95 or LP104. I'd hope to pay < 2/3 the cost of a new tank (WITH current vis and hydro) but free to tell me what you think is fair. I'll try to check for PMs nightly for a few days to see if this turns up any offers (I've read that "lots of people find tanks" on ebay and craigslist but months of periodic searching haven't turned up anything - so I figured I'd try this route).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Call Divers Cove in Essex CT

They are a great shop and very freindly. They occassionally have great used tanks for sale. I think great should be highlighted.

860-767-1960

I live in southern NH and hoped someone within modest drive wants to sell an 8" diameter steel tank. My preference would be a HP tank but I'd also consider a LP95 or LP104. I'd hope to pay < 2/3 the cost of a new tank (WITH current vis and hydro) but free to tell me what you think is fair. I'll try to check for PMs nightly for a few days to see if this turns up any offers (I've read that "lots of people find tanks" on ebay and craigslist but months of periodic searching haven't turned up anything - so I figured I'd try this route).

Thanks in advance.

I would also check on the deco stop forum (www.thedecostop.com) since it's a high traffic tech site so you tend to see a lot of steel HP tanks up for grabs, usually good deals. I do second ScubaSarus's rec. to call Diver's Cove. Ed is a great guy and has occasional great deals this time of year. I bought a used steel tank last year for a steal!!

Hello, i have a HP-80 new hydro and vis with DIN valve

Thanks BGF for tip to check decostop. I've 'linked' over to that site occasionally in following discussion threads - and it makes sense to check there as well. With two recommendations I'll also call the Essex CT dive shop to see what they might have. It's further than I'd hoped to drive but I suppose if I found a good deal from a reputable shop (vice private sale) then I could more confidently pay for the tank and the shipping.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and offers via PM. Nothing looks like a perfect fit yet for my search criteria but I've gotten lots of good leads.

Jim M.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom