Oceanic AirXS and Hollis 410

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

black1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I saw a post on here about the ability to use the Oceanic AirXS as an octo and that it works fine, this is not correct unless im doing something very wrong because i have tried everything to get it to work but it does not. I was told they are sister companies so to speak BUT not exactly identical in parts, i was then told that yes it does work just fine but found out the hard way on a dive trip which was ruined for me because of this. It may look like it fits on the Hollis H100 which is the bc i have but the seal is not good. There is a small round rubber seal which fits in the bc attachment area and then the hose screws in to the bc, there is a very small area were the rubber piece is not big enough that lets air in and therefore the Oceanic does not work. If anyone has any suggestions or no's for sure that this works please let me know, please only those that actually use this setup like this not those that think they no, it bubbles and spits air out very badly because the seal is just not able to fit it perfectly, i will have to go buy the Hollis 410 now, thanks.

Sorry, my bad, it does work and work well, it turned out that my LDS gave me a bad Oceanic piece, it had a complete slice in the tubung just under the connector piece, looks like they tried to give me a bad piece, safe to say i found out in the pool and not on a dive, will not be going there anymore. Nick, thank you for a great product/s. Im looking at getting a BP/W setup now instead and your Elite looks real nice. I dive South Florida and Costa Rica only, bith warm water areas and i dive steel HP 120's, what is best, i dont want to use a weight belt, should i go for an Elite or Elite 2 with steel backplate (for my weights) and wing? im 6'2 210lbs and use steel 120's with a 19c pony bottle, thanks all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom