What do you enjoy most about diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissChelleyDives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone! I am writing a 750 word essay titled Why Everyone Should Scuba Dive I know that technically "everyone" should not necessarily dive. However, the purpose of the essay is to persuade people to want to have skills to scuba dive.

I need everyones' help. Remember when you first started diving? Didn't you try to convince all of your friends to scuba dive too because you were so excited? So please tell me what you told them to try to get them to go scuba diving.

What reasons would you tell your friends that they should learn to scuba dive?
And, What do you enjoy most about scuba diving?

Thanks So Much for your help?

There are two distinctly different worlds... one above water and one below.

I told my friends and family that I will never have the chance in my lifetime to travel to outer space and that diving was the closest experience to traveling into another world, complete with amazing inhabitants, and the weightlessness. It's also the closest feeling to flying, just floating through the water.

I've yet to convince any of them to join me so thank goodness for SB otherwise I'd be buddy less. :depressed:

How else could you see this?
[vimeo]2429730[/vimeo]

Hot babes in rubber suits.

That, and the pretty fish :wink:

There are two basic things that still delight me about diving. One is that I have always been a wildlife kind of person, and the density of life in the sea is absolutely astonishing, compared with almost anywhere you can go on land. The color, the variety of shapes, the survival strategies, and the cleverness of camouflage are amazing. Even a dive in a dull area is a treasure hunt, because you never know what you will find.

The other intoxicating thing about diving is weightlessness. Being able to hang in the water, absolutely motionless, and gently rise and fall with your breathing is an incredible feeling of freedom that land-based humans will never know.

And then, of course, there's the fact that, as a group, divers are some of nicest people I've ever met.

The Zen aspect of it.

The people.

The thing i most enjoy about diving is pretty simple, being able to teach others how to dive so that they can enjoy diving as much as i do.

There are two basic things that still delight me about diving. One is that I have always been a wildlife kind of person, and the density of life in the sea is absolutely astonishing, compared with almost anywhere you can go on land. The color, the variety of shapes, the survival strategies, and the cleverness of camouflage are amazing. Even a dive in a dull area is a treasure hunt, because you never know what you will find.

The other intoxicating thing about diving is weightlessness. Being able to hang in the water, absolutely motionless, and gently rise and fall with your breathing is an incredible feeling of freedom that land-based humans will never know.

And then, of course, there's the fact that, as a group, divers are some of nicest people I've ever met.

I cant say it this well so ... what TS&M said

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom